The Newdegate Community Resource Centre is a not for profit organisation based in the centre of our Town.
It holds the Newdegate Public Library along with being a meeting place, Activity & Resource Centre and Centrelink Access point.
The Newdegate CRC (NCRC) is part of a network of 106 CRCs located in rural and remote communities with fewer than 4000 citizens. NCRC being the 48th CRC established. These CRCs work in partnership with their communities to provide access to a variety of services according to local need. All of the CRCs in the network are locally owned and operated centres. They provide their communities with local access to technology, information and a variety of other services.
Newdegate Community Resource Centre (NCRC) is a community owned and managed non-profit facility. It is managed by a voluntary management committee, staffed by a full time manager, part time bookkeeper and one part time support staff member. The NCRC has a membership of 50. This solid membership and community interest reflects the NCRCs relevance to our town.
NCRC is contracted each year by Department of Regional Development of Lands to be part of a state-wide network of CRCs which provide remote and small rural communities with access to:
• computer technology for information, employment, training and business enterprise;
• Video-conferencing facilities which are secure and state of the art;
• State-government agencies via free internet access on a dedicated computer;
• Events and services which build the capacity our community; and
• Promotion of the Royalties for Regions Program.